These are our Terms of Service for visitors, including subscribers and registered users, to DKGraystone.com and The Graystone Blog. Despite our general dislike for legal language, this was the one of the areas where we were told we shouldn’t try to avoid it. We’re kind of stuck with it, and unfortunately, so are you. So….
By visiting our website and browsing its contents, you agree to be bound by our Terms of Service. For purposes of these Terms of Service, “you” refers to all visitors to this website, all subscribers to The Graystone Blog, and all registered users of this website. References to “this site,” “this website,” “we,” “us,” “the blog” and all similar terms are collective references to DKGraystone.com and The Graystone Blog (including all related intellectual property), and the owner(s) of the site, as appropriate to context.
- All content offered in the pages of this website is offered solely for your information and interest. This content is subject to change without notice, and you expressly acknowledge that it may contain errors or inaccuracies for which we expressly exclude all liability on our part to the full extent permitted by law.
- Your use of the content in the pages of this website is entirely at your own risk and discretion. You hold us harmless and acknowledge that we are not liable for any consequences or damage of any kind experienced by you and/or third parties arising from your use of the content and information made available through this website. Any links to other websites that we may include on this website from time to time are for informational purposes only, and do not signify or imply that we endorse the content of such other linked websites, as we have no control over that content.
- You may sign up as a subscriber to receive regular post/comment updates from The Graystone Blog by email. However, if you wish to participate by making comments or other submissions as permitted from time to time, you must become a registered user of our website. By becoming a registered user, you covenant that you have provided your real name and valid contact information as required. Further, you covenant that you are the author of all comments you make and sole owner of the data and any intellectual property rights in all comments, images and other materials you submit to us. You indemnify us fully against all claims, costs and liability arising from intellectual property infringement disputes or other claims by third parties arising from or in connection with your comments and/or other submissions to us, or in connection with any breach by you of our Terms of Service. You grant the site owners non-exclusive rights to display or make use of such comments, images and/or other data as you make or submit to us through this website as and for as long as it sees fit, in its absolute discretion. Subject to the above, and subject to such use as permitted by the Creative Commons licenses or otherwise of attributed works of other copyright holders we may have used, no material presented on this site, including material presented in our blog, may be used by you for any purpose without our express written permission, and proper attribution by you.
- Comments posted to our blog will be moderated, and we expressly reserve the right to delete comments or content we deem inappropriate, in our absolute discretion. We will not tolerate comments or behavior we view as flaming or trolling, nor will we tolerate comments or permitted submissions that disparage or belittle anyone solely on the basis of race, gender, sexual preference, country of origin, age, religion or occupation.
- We encourage candor and the open exploration of ideas, but that does not mean you may be rude, abusive or cruel in stating a position or disagreeing with an idea when you post comments or responses to other users’ comments. When you post a comment to The Graystone Blog, we ask you, first and foremost, to be kind and polite, even when disagreeing with an idea or position.
- We reserve the right, in our absolute discretion, to ban or block anyone who violates these Terms of Service or compromises the site’s integrity in any other way.
- You expressly acknowledge that your use of our website is subject to all the terms and conditions contained in these Terms of Service, and that we have made no representations or warranties of any kind pertaining to your use of our website and blog. Any claims or disputes you or your authorized representatives may at any time raise against us arising from said use are subject to the laws of Italy, the courts of which are acknowledged by you to be the sole courts of competent jurisdiction in respect to all such claims of any nature. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, nothing in these Terms of Service shall be deemed to limit in any way our ability or rights to launch or pursue against you copyright infringement claims (or other claims of any nature) arising from your use of our website and its contents under the laws and in the courts of the United States of America and/or its member states, or other nations.
- Should any provision of these Terms of Service be deemed by a competent court to be unenforceable or illegal, that provision will severed, and the remainder of these Terms of Service will continue in full force and effect.
- These Terms of Service are subject to change without notice, and will continue in full force and effect as amended from time to time. We will attempt to inform all subscribers and registered users of future changes to these Terms of Service as a matter of simple courtesy.
That’s essentially it, thank God. The legal stuff aside, it amounts to this: be nice; be civil and thoughtful; stay with the subjects under discussion in making your comments; where relevant, respect the intellectual property rights of others; and don’t post or submit anything that you don’t own or didn’t create. We encourage you to become a registered user of our site so that you can participate. We’re hoping that in the near future, we’ll be able to offer individual users the opportunity to do guest posts that will then be open for comment. These rules will then apply to guest posts as well as to all comments.
For more information on copyright, fair use and permissions or licenses for our stuff, please click here.